As a business owner, once again we have been thrust into what feels like the lion’s Den. There are lots of things out of our control, but there is so many things that are still in our control that we can do as business owners to help guide us through this latest lockdown situation, and hopefully help us have a rewarding Christmas with our loved ones.
The most important thing right now is not to panic, take a big breath and breathe. Remain calm and let’s figure out some things that you can do.
- Take the money – if you have staff and you already have done so, use the Furlough scheme and take any grants and loans that become available, if you feel it’s the right thing to do.
- Set out a plan – figure out what you can and cannot do from the government guidance, if you have a physical shop you may be able to give customers their orders from the shop door, just not allow them inside. Also, this is a great time to use your online selling platforms.
- Marketing – spend the money – most people are going to be stuck at home again, where will they be? Yup on Facebook and google, get those ads made and running – smart business owners will do this, stupid one’s wont!
- Video – if you can still work from your workshop or office or even your home office, perhaps look at creating some interesting videos or tutorials to help your customers and show people what you do and how amazing you are at it.
- Connect with your customers – keep in contact with your customers, by email and postal mailing lists, WhatsApp groups, Facebook groups etc, let your customers know what your doing and how you can help them
- Sort out your pages – take this time to once again go through and sort out your business profile pages, on twitter, Facebook, Instagram, google my biz, your website, etc
- Remain positive – don’t give out doom and gloom from your business pages, be a shining light to inspire others during these dark times
There are lots of people out there who are rightly worried right now, how you act and react to these challenging times is going to show the world the kind of successful business person that you are. We all need help from time to time, and if you need assistance with any of the suggestions above please do get in touch and let me help you.
You are not alone in this, help is available, theres no shame in asking so don’t be afraid of asking for help.
Remember that this will come to pass, this will end and we will get through it together.
Let’s grow your business!
Book a time to have a chat with me about your business and how I can help you.